Last Sunday I had a pretty successful shopping spree at two car boot sales in Bedfordshire (Pulloxhill and Lidlington). Here is a photo of what I bought:
Many thanks to N&N for the help finding these clocks! Click here to read Nat's version of this 'shopping' adventure.
Clock detail from left to right:
- Bertina 8 day wooden mantle clock (middle row, left) - Condition: okay, but unfortunately the mechanical movement has been replaced with a quartz movement.
- Blue Metamec 8 day wall clock (front row, left) made in England, with a mechanical movement made in France. Condition: okay but needs a good clean.
- Smiths lantern clock (back row, left) - quartz movement, made in 1979 - model: Durham 79q. Condition: Poor and not running properly
- Mini quartz lantern clock (middle row, left) - 'Park Lane' . Condition: Good, after replacing the battery.
- Timemaster mantle clock (middle row, middle) - made in Great Britain, mechanical movement. Condition: poor
- Smiths mantle clock (back row, right) - mechanical 30 hour movement - model: Burgrove 1954 to 1958. Condition: poor, but it does still run.
- Mantle clock (middle row, right) - mechanical movement - made in Scotland. Condition: okay, and still works
- Truimph Ingersoll pocket watch (front row, right) - mechanical movement. The watch is in pieces - I hope nothing is missing. Condition: dismantled
(Note: I intend to take all these clocks apart, clean them up, and hopefully get them running again.)